Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adaptation

When I was young I had a lot of beef with my mom. At the age of 17 I was kicked out on the street, though back at the time I never thought I’d see her face...aint a woman alive that could take my mamma’s place! I got in a lot of trouble at school hangin with the big boys breaking all the rules. I shed a lot of tears with my baby sister over the years we were poorer than the other kids! Even though we had different daddies, when things went wrong we blamed mamma! I look back at all the pain I caused I mean it was hell huggin on my mamma from a jail cell! I would have never thought in elementary I would see the penitentiary one day. Running from the police that’s right, mama catch me and she’d put a whoopin to my back side! Even though my mom was a crack fiend she always was a black queen to me! I finally understand for a woman it aint easy triyng to raise a man. You were a poor single mother on welfare tell me how you did it? There is no way in hell I can pay you back. But my plan is to show you that I understand!..........YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

3 comments:

  1. I liked this story it kept me reading throught the whole thing. It really explained his hard life, what he went through and how he blaimed his mom. But in the end he really did appreciate his mom and all that she did for him. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is this an adaptation? It's just Tupac's Dear Mama...word for word. It's a great verse, but I don't see how you should get any credit for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50.... great song but i dont see the adaptation?

    ReplyDelete